Monday, August 1, 2011

(E.A. Part 5)

Day 5.
Today me and my roommates woke up late because are alarm didn't go off. I took a swig off some weird sparkling water and I put on a clean shirt and washed my face. My roommates did the same and we headed downstairs a few minutes later to see everybody waiting on us. I got a quick cup of coffee and then headed towards the bus. It was our last day in that hotel so we all brought our luggage to the bus. Once we're on the bus, our leaders prepped us for the day. We all wrote in our journals the time, date, and plan for the day. I had already started describing my off morning. We had a four hour trip to another city named Florence. The bus ride went by pretty fast because I sat with some of my friends and played cards. My friend Jake and I danced to Justin Bieber and Jordan Sparks whilst my friend Dani took a video. She then showed the leaders and I saw my delegation leader, Mrs. Keren, laughing really hard! Just to recap, everyday on the bus we listened to a single song that soon became the theme song of the trip. It was called "Via Con Me"- by Paolo Conte.
When we got deep into the city, our bus dropped us off and we walked around a little bit. We took loads of pics and it was a lot of fun. We finally got to a little museum and we got in line to get tickets. My (very fun) leader dared me to write over a piece of graffiti with a sharpie marker. I did but then a guard came over and said that the people of Italy don't have the same rules that Americans have. It was kind of a politically incorrect statement but my leader laughed with me anyway and we payed a five Euro fine so it was OK. When we got into the museum we went through security and then walked around. We got to a corridor that David was in so we all took pictures and walked around. We all had a lot of funny things to say but we had to remain silent. In the very same museum we walked down the giant hallways and saw very odd paintings. After an hour and a half of touring the museum we left. We visited our first grocery store today too. Me and the guys each bought a jar of Nutella and a spoon. We also bought some weird type of carbonated sweet tea. It was fantastic! Once we were done we had to walk to the bus. It was a 20 minute ride to the hotel and the hotel we stayed at had the first pool that any of us had seen the entire trip. We weren't aloud to get in because it was outside and it was getting dark.  I had to clean the bus with my good friend Cole because I wrote on a wall in the city and because he accidentally dropped a bag of gummies all over the floor. We both had a heck of a time trying to get a piece of gum off the carpet of the bus. When we went inside we found our rooms. I had stayed with my friend Brian that night. He and I were pretty mad because our room was on the fourth floor. Everyone elses was on the first and second, and to add insult to injury the elevator was out too. He and I were pretty much alike though. Same height, we both worked out for 30 minutes at night and we loved soccer and rugby. The room we had was really tiny and the bathroom was really weird. It was just a room made of tiles. The floor, walls, and cieling were covered in tiles. It was a BATHroom. The shower was just a water hose on a wall next to the square toilet. There was a random drain in the middle of the room and it was made for showers. It was kind of awkward to try out. We both went to bed an hour after we got in our room. I remember feeling really astonished that it was already the fifth day.

No comments:

Post a Comment