Friday, August 12, 2011

(E.A. Part 15)

Day 15.
Today I didn't really do much. I woke up in the morning with Daniella and a few other people pounding on the door to waken me. I guess I hung out in the hallway with everyone for a little bit, talking about how the night before had gotten a little crazy with the curfew restrictions. We all made jokes and laughed in the tiny hallway and then we all left to go get ready for the day. I took a shower in the "weirdly too steamy" bathroom, got dressed, and packed up my suitcase. We didn't really stay in one single hotel for a few days. We were usually in a different hotel every night. I packed up my little People to People sports bag, slung it over my shoulders, and left. When I returned my key to the front desk I walked to the left and went to breakfast. I got a big glass of orange juice and sat down with Megan and Tyler. Tyler and Joe had to talk to the leaders about the trouble that apparently went on last night. Once they did, so did I. I just explained that I was up to get some pain medicine and everything was OK. We left the hotel and drove for a couple hours until we stopped at a gas station. We pulled out the apple strudel that we made the other day and we sat on the park benches and ate it. It was really cold and kind of stail because we didn't eat it fast enough and the apples were kind of frozen. So a word from the wise, if you make apple strudel, eat it as soon as its done. hahaa, The bathroom of the station cost 85 Euro Cents to use and that was crazy because they wouldn't give us change for it and no one had exactly 85 euro cents so we all just held it in. We got back on the bus and made our way through Lucerne, Switzerland. A few hours later, we got out of our bus and made our way through the city on a city walk. We walked down a lot of narrow paths until we got to a Swiss Watch shop. It turned into our new meeting place. We all got in groups again and started touring the city by ourselves. We went into a lot of neatly placed shops and saw a lot of cool fountains. We also met up with another People to People delegation. They were from Florida and they were pretty cool. We all just hung out and walked around. We saw alot of chocolate shops and watch&knife shops. It was all the same basic stuff that was being sold everywhere. We also saw a few different churches and a lot of awesome architectural stuff. Once we were done touring we went on an adventure dinner. I was in my usually group of 4 and we all walked around the city for a bite to eat. Once we found a place we all got 4 tiny slices of pizza and a Cola.  I tried to buy a swatch and some amazing chocolates with Dylan but my credit card got denied because it didn't work in Switzerland. It was sad but I got the chocolates anyway with some Swiss francs. When everything was over and we were done eating and touring, we waited next to a bus stop for Gary. I gave all of the leaders some chocolate and we left. When we got back to our new hotel, just about everyone got in the pool that it had except for Cole, Maddy, Joe, Kara, and I. We hung out in our rooms and had an awesome time just making jokes and all. The hotel was a little weird. It had two floors and an open blue staircase at the end of both hallways. The guys were on the first floor and the girls were on the second. On the second floor there was a little loft with a few couches and a TV and we all just hung out in there most of the time. I had a room with Joe and Parker that night and Me and Joe got the two beds at one end of the room whilst Parker got the cot by the door. The bathroom was a little odd. You could literally push the shower across the floor. It was one of those glass boxes with a drain at the bottom, but it was on wheels and you could slide it from one end of the room to the other. It was really weird. There wasn't a bidet in this room unlike all of the other hotel rooms. Which was odd. We never used the bidet (butt/feet washer that is in European hotel bathrooms) though . We all had an awesome time just hanging out and talking in this hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment