Wednesday, August 10, 2011

(E.A. Part 12)

Day 12.
Today I woke up early to go to Valentina's school. I had one dry shirt and a pair of jeans that I could wear. I took a shower and got ready to leave. I had packed up a little sack with all of my P2P gear and stuff. I then walked out with Valentina and we skipped through 9 peoples yards to get to the main road where her bus picks her up. We waited for about 30 minutes and then people started coming along. When we got on the bus I met a few of her friends and we all shared some (German) laughs because "my accent was funny." hahaa, I saw Katelyn with her host person on the bus and we exchanged tales of excitement for awhile. The bus ride was about 50 minutes long and when we finally got to her school we had to take off our shoes and put on flip flops. I met up with Tyler, Bay, and RJ and we all got sparkling water and laughed and joked around with some kids with gay swishy hair who were making fun of us. We went into the performing arts room where the kids were setting up for an opening night project and we talked to the schools English teacher. She explained to us everything that was happening that day and she then pointed us to an outside gaming area where there was a ping pong table and alot of other neat games that we played on while everyone was working on their projects and stuff. Tyler and I played ping pong for a little bit whilst Bay and RJ talked about their home stay families. There were four kids that came out and started playing on another table. They started talking to us in German and supposedly making fun of me and Tyler. After a few laughs and jokes and pointed fingers, me and Tyler hushed them and told them that they should feel very good about trying to pwn us because we didn't understand a word they were saying. So then they started snickering and making fun of our accents, and me and Tyler told them off and they freaked out and walked away. After about an hour our home stay kids came out of their class room and told us that they were going to walk into the city and get lunch. We all started walking towards the town where we then got some more ice-cream and crackers. Tyler and I were searching for other P2P members and after 10 minutes we finally saw Kara, Megan, and Maddy in the middle of town. We all hugged and shared stories and caught up whilst our host kids watched a street performance. Then we had to leave and we said goodbye. When we got back to the school they worked for an hour and then our families picked us up and we went home. I later had helped Valentina with a power point presentation because she didn't understand how to work it. I helped her with all the slides and editing and it worked out perfectly. We put it on a flash drive so she could have it for her school performance later that day. Her mom brought us to her piano teachers house and I noticed really fast that the dude was freaking creepy. He had crazy glasses. A weird laugh and he was really interested in Vally... But she was really good at the piano and he seemed like he knew what he was doing so it didn't quiet matter that much. Vallies mom paid 50 Euros for a thirty minute lesson and afterwards her mom dropped us off in the city again. We once again met up with Tyler and Bay and went shopping for a little bit. I almost bought a camera because mine was trashed and not working. But my credit card wouldn't allow it. I bought more Nutella and realized I was addicted to the stuff. Tyler and I bought some (Infinity Style) AXE spray and we got pretty cool pretty quick. Afterwards we all set out to the girl's school where they had a big performance that night. Us Americans sat in the back and watched while everyone spoke German for 2 hours. They did introduce us at the beginning, welcoming the Americans to Austria. We didn't understand anything that they were doing but we clapped and applauded anyway. When the play was over, we started a game of soccer on the astro-turf that was in the back of the school. Tyler and I were the first ones picked and kicked some ass! It was crazy how much momentum we got out of that game. We both scored at least 5 goals each and we had an awesome time! After the game was over we all went inside and exchanged names that we could look up on facebook. Then we went home and fell asleep instantly. It was a really fun day

No comments:

Post a Comment