Wednesday, August 10, 2011

(E.A. Part 11)


Valentina Zepletal

The room I stayed in.


Day 11.So today was my first official day alone in Austria. I was in a little city called Haag and it was definitely a new experience for me. I got up in the morning around 6 to go on a run. When I had gotten ready and left my room I noticed that Valentina was already up and prepping to go on a run too. So we both left and she showed me a little trail that led up through the hills. We jogged through the park and we saw a lot of little public work out stations that the city had set up. We started running up a hill until we got to what looked like a zip-lining camp that was set up in the trees. It was a little like the Canopy Tours that are in West Virginia. Except it wasn't nearly as high and the kids that were part of it were doing everything on their own. With no help from adults. It was pretty breezy and it could have been about 50 degrees. We walked over a lot of small rope vine bridges and saw a lot of great views and it was just amazing. We walked over a bridge that had a little pond under it, but you couldn't really see the water because there were little lilies everywhere. We walked for a little while until we got to a huge watch tower that was on top of the hills. It took about 15 minutes to get to the top and it got pretty chilly and windy up there, but it was beautiful. I could see about 5 different cities from the top of it and it was crazy awesome. We started climbing down and we ran back home. We got back around 8:30 and everyone was already up and eating croissants with milk. When we were done eating Valentina's mom took us into the city and we met up with her best friend. She was also hosting one of my delegation people. I met up with Tyler and Bay in the city and we all got some awesome ice cream. It was vanilla caramel with wafers in the middle and it tasted like Jesus. Me and Tyler went into the store and bought a huge Jar of Nutella and a giant spoon and that was our lunch(: While we were walking through the stores we saw our friends Dylan and Adam. We all slow-motioningly ran towards each other and hugged! hahaa, it was a funny gag because we hadn't seen each other for awhile and we were in a whole nother world. After that Tyler left us and so it was just Vally, Bay, and Bay's host. We went to Vally's friend Dominic's house so we could swim. Once we all changed into our swimming clothes we went to the back of his house and jumped into the pool. Not thinking about how disgusting it was. Seriously it was gross. When I got out of the pool I was literally green from the neck down. We all jumped out and decided it was a bad idea to do that. We all went back to Bay's hosting house and we watched the Princess Bride. It was kind of a chick day and I kinda wish I had a guy host. But I made do and it was OK(;  We then played some sort of German board game and me and my partner dominated in it. Bay's host's brother who was maybe 10 years old had a weird looking haircut. He said I looked like Justin Bieber and he asked me to flex my arm for him to see if I was wimpy or not. So this kid was kind of pudgy and when I flexed he freaked out because I looked pretty strong. When me and Valentina left their house we went back to her house and watched (eng dub) Step Up 3. It was a dance movie... I then tried to teach her the meaning of the word random and spontaneous. I went to bed around 10 that night.


No comments:

Post a Comment